Keshett Jewellery Pty Ltd.
Keshett Jewellery recognises the importance of respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers.
In this policy, we use the term Keshett Jewellery (and ”, “we”, “us”, “our”) to refer to Keshett Jewellery (ACN 005 189 480).
All personal information collected and otherwise dealt with by Keshett Jewellery, is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended (“Privacy Act”).
This Policy applies to the collection, holding and use of personal information provided about individuals to Keshett Jewellery through the use of the website, www.keshett.com.au (“the website”), mobile applications, social media pages or other applications, software, digital media, storage medium or functionalities related to the commercial brand of and any services offered or provided by Keshett Jewellery (“services”).
In this Policy, “personal information” has the same meaning as defined by section 6 of the Privacy Act:
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, surname, billing, mailing or shipping address, mobile number or other telephone number, email address, payment details (including credit card or bank account details), shopping preferences such as gender and size, username and password, customer service information, photographs, comments and other content you provide, date of birth, marital status, purchase and transactional information, location data, and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services to you.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Keshett Jewellery;
- enhance the transparency of Keshett Jewellery’s information collection processes; and
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Keshett Jewellery holds, and the way Keshett Jewellery handles that information.
In the course of regular business activity, Keshett Jewellery will from time to time collect and otherwise deal with your personal information.
If you do not want any of your data collected, you can stop using our services at any time (subject to applicable contracts).
Keshett Jewellery collects personal information from individuals in numerous ways, including when an individual:
- makes a purchase(s) from Keshett Jewellery;
- completes a customer information form;
- places an order directly with us;
- uses the website;
- signs up on our website;
- emails Keshett Jewellery for any reason;
- completes an on-line inquiry via any platform;
- telephones Keshett Jewellery;
- provides Keshett Jewellery with personal information;
- subscribes to the Keshett Jewellery Newsletter;
- subscribes to our notifications;
- follows Keshett Jewellery on Instagram;
- follows or likes Keshett Jewellery’s Facebook page; or
- completes an entry form for any competition or any other form provided by Keshett Jewellery.
Keshett does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it, except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for Keshett Jewellery to do so, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal information.
When collecting information from you – whether it be via the website, email, hardcopy, face-to-face or any other services – we will take reasonable steps to inform you of why we are collecting the information, the purposes for which we intend to use that information and to whom it may be disclosed.
Any personal information collected by Keshett Jewellery will be used for the purpose for which it was given to Keshett Jewellery, for purposes which are directly related to those purposes, for purposes which you have otherwise consented to, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Keshett Jewellery may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to process transactions;
- to manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- to send periodic emails or notifications for processing orders, to send you information and updates pertaining to our order and to send you related product or service information;
- to personalise your experience;
- to run future marketing campaigns;
- to send promotional or other information about Keshett Jewellery’s goods and services through e-mail, postal mail or some other means unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send you communications in connection with our goods and/or services unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to conduct research about our customers and our goods and/or services;
- to monitor and improve our goods and/or services;
- to process any inquiries you have about Keshett Jewellery;
- to improve our website;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- to comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- to respond to your enquiries; or
- to endeavour to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities.
We may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with marketing communications about our products, services and business, in accordance with the law.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
Where applicable, we may handle personal information relying on exemptions under the Privacy Act and at law, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
Subscription to Keshett Jewellery
If you authorise your email subscription to Keshett Jewellery, we may provide you with information regarding our products and services through different means, such as by post, email, or any other equivalent means of communication.
Your subscription to Keshett Jewellery may entail using personal information to make personalised advertising related to our products and services available to you via post, email or other equivalent electronic means of communication.
We highlight that in order to improve the services we provide to you, personal information provided by you and related to purchases at physical stores, preferences and tastes may be used for the purposes of analysis, generating user profiles, marketing studies, quality surveys and improving our customer interaction.
You can change your preferences related to the sending of these communications through any relevant directions we provide.
You can also unsubscribe by following the information we provide to you.
We will only send you commercial emails (or any other electronic means of communication) where you have consented to receive them, or otherwise permitted by law.
We may disclose information we hold to:
- our directors, officers, employees, agents and other associated companies within our corporate group;
- service providers and contractors who help us provide the services or to assist us in better understanding our customers;
- to the relevant bank to process payments; or
- a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
Keshett Jewellery does not otherwise provide personal information to any other organisations, government agencies or third parties except in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We are not likely to disclose the personal information we hold to an overseas recipient (as defined in APP 8.1) of whom we are aware are located outside Australia, except as required or permitted by law or where we may use an overseas server to host some or all of our business data, including personal information.
Where appropriate we may handle personal information relying on applicable exemptions under the Privacy Act, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
In situations where Keshett Jewellery holds personal information about you, you are entitled to be given access to such information by making a request to Keshett Jewellery (subject to some exceptions).
If you would like access to your personal information please contact our Financial Controller directly via phone or email. Contact details may be found below under “Contact”. You will not be charged any fees for making an access request.
Keshett Jewellery will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Pursuant to APP 13, in the event Keshett Jewellery holds personal information about you and:
- Keshett Jewellery is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- You request the information be corrected;
Keshett Jewellery will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
If your personal details need to be corrected please make a written request to our sales team for correction (refer to “Contact” below). You will not be charged any fees for making a correction request.
Keshett Jewellery will respond to a request for correction of personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Storage and Security
Keshett Jewellery stores your personal information physically and/or electronically and has processes in place to endeavour to ensure the security of your personal information. Keshett Jewellery will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If your personal information is no longer needed, Keshett Jewellery will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to destroy and permanently de-identify the personal information.
Please note the website may contain links to other external websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you. Keshett Jewellery is not affiliated with these sites and accordingly has no control over – and is not responsible or liable for – their content, activities, privacy practice or other policies.
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions or concerns about how Keshett Jewellery safeguards your privacy, or if you wish to access or amend personal information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
Keshett Jewellery Pty Ltd
Attention: Financial Controller
323-325 Little Collins Street
By phone: 03 9654 1514
If necessary, we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your ID card, passport or other valid identity document. In the event that you decide to contact us for any of the reasons above, we request that you please provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us.
If Keshett Jewellery does not agree to provide access to personal information or to amend or annotate the information it holds about an individual, the individual can:
- Escalate their enquiry to Keshett Jewellery to a formal complaint in writing or by email address to the Financial Controller (refer to “Contact” above), or
- Pursue the matter further with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Any complaint received by Keshett Jewellery will be considered by Keshett Jewellery in due course, and a response provided to the complainant within a reasonable period.
If an individual has a complaint about any practice, procedure or action taken in regard to their personal information, they may apply to the OAIC to investigate the complaint. Current contact details for the OAIC are available on the OAIC’s website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us
Last Updated: 20th November, 2018